Interior Design Ideas for the Perfect Bachelor Pad Condo
A condo is easily maintained, centrally-located, comes with a set of amenities and defined space, making it the perfect man cave or bachelor pad. Whether you are decorating your first condo. your move up condo or your retirement pad, stamping your personality and style in your home’s design is a must. Here are some decorator’s tips to make your pad truly yours;
- Use meaningful items as décor – Bring in meaningful items from your childhood or mementos from the best days of your life and use them as décor. Your favorite bike, a winning football jersey, a few books, your first guitar, a meaningful toy (this item may or may not work with the ladies) will stamp your personality into your home.
- Industrial Minimalism – The edgy, modish, and sleek style of industrial minimalism favors the man cave theme. It is strong, unpretentious and efficient. Bare concrete walls and floors, steel pipe fittings, and neutral colors are some of the common implements of the design. You can also complement the style with bare wood accents, metallic pieces and even potted plants.
- Updated Gadgetry – Tech outfitting and gadgetry are sleek and practical additions to a bachelor pad. Smart locks, voice-activated controls, and programmable everything. Make sure you have the space provided for your laptop and other screen gadgetry. Enjoy your favorite movies in your custom-designed home theater and party with the help of the best stereo sound system.
- Room to Entertain – Make sure you have a room for entertainment. It could be your kitchen – equipped with a sit-in dining hub, a spacious countertop with cooler tubs. It can also be your living room – with a comfy sofa and seats, dancing space and the TV. Other party areas include the balcony or your dining room. A bar cart is a smart addition, you can wheel it where the party is!
- Comfort and Efficiency – The edgy and sleek interiors are beautifully balanced with soft and comfy furniture. Make sure to add a large welcoming sofa, the biggest and softest bed, and cotton sheets. Practical pieces like an ergonomic work desk, closet and kitchen cabinetry is a stamp of an efficient and decisive personality. This should also apply to the layout of your space – the kitchen, the bedroom and even the bathroom.
- Something DIYed – Add something that is created by your own hands. It could be a recycled pallet bedframe, a wall feature or a potted garden of our favorite herbs. Adding your own handiwork to the mix makes your condo truly your own. The quirky, not-so-perfect creation can also be a great conversational piece and will add character to your space.