Markham Ontario is a bustling city located northeast of Toronto. Rich in culture and heritage, the quaint city is also a lively hub of business and technology, dubbed as the High-Tech Capital of Canada. A serene and friendly place where the old meets the new, Markham combines the comforts and amenities of big cities with the tranquility and warmth of a small town. Here are eight good reasons why you should consider relocating to Markham;
- A Diverse Community – Over 55% of Markham’s population is of visible minorities, mostly of Chinese and South Asian descent. The quaint town is also home to many West Asian, Scottish, Italian, African and Filipino immigrants. The fusion of different races and cultures led to Markham’s vibrant and diverse communities.
- A High-Tech City – Markham is home to many huge tech companies including IBM, Advanced Micro Devices, Aviva, Honda, Hyundai, Johnson and Johnson, Motorola, Oracle, Toyota Financial Service, Toshiba, and over 1,000 more. IBM is the city’s biggest employer.
- The Largest Asian Mall in North America – The Pacific Mall is located along Steeles Avenue in Milliken. The mall features over 300 stores that offer just about everything, from bubble teas, jewellery and Chinese food to nail salons, auto supply and electronic gadgets. Market Village is another huge mall to explore.
- Historic Neighbourhoods – The old neighbourhoods are full of historic sites and picturesque buildings. You will enjoy leisurely strolls along its charming streets lined with great restaurants, chic boutiques and cafés. The city is home to several award-winning historical communities including Unionville, Swan Lake and Angus Glen.
- Arts and Culture – Markham boasts of its vibrant culture and arts scene. It is home to the Frederick Horsman Varley Art Gallery and the McKay Art Centre. Be entertained with musicals, dance, comedy and plays at the FLATO Markham Theatre, Unionville Theatre Company and the Markham Little Theatre. Learn of Markham’s historic past in its open-air museum, the Markham Museum.
- Wilderness in the City – The are more than 50 parks in Markham. Rouge Park, a 123-hectare Canadian national park is located right in the middle of the city. The park includes 2.3-kilometre trails, wetlands, open spaces, forests and a plethora of migratory birds. Enjoy fresh air, hikes, cycling, birdwatching, picnic and camping right in the city. Toogood Pond Park is another special park in Unionville that features a pond, trails, scenic bridges and rocky hills.
- Employment Hub and Healthcare – Markham’s vibrant business industry that includes multinational companies of various industries attracts professionals from all over Canada. Its wide range of housing, lively entertainment hubs and friendly communities make it easier for migratory workers to stay for good. Healthcare is excellent in the city with Markham Stoufville Hospital being among top-ranked hospitals in Canada.
- Affordable Condos – While still part of the Greater Toronto Area, condos in Markham are a lot cheaper compared to those in its neighbouring Downtown Toronto. Markham condos are strategically located near and around business hubs. Its diverse neighbourhoods also offer other housing options like townhouses and single-family homes.
Contact the Condominiums.ca team today to plan your move to Markham 416-888-0382 email@example.com
Search Markham Condos for Sale
Search Markham Condos for Rent
Search Markham New Developments