13 Tips to Help Condos Sell Faster
Selling a condo can be tough, especially in a market where the supply is high. Sellers must be creative in showcasing and marketing their condo to sell. Working with a condo agent will give you an edge over the competition. They know every aspect of the industry well – from preparing your condo to sell, marketing, showing, and negotiating, to the legalities and documentation. Here are some other tips to help your condo sell faster;
- Price to sell – Pricing appropriately is a great contributor to selling condos faster. Significant market factors like the season, available listings, housing demand and the national economy can affect home prices. A condo real estate agent can help you identify the price range for your property where you can sell fast.
- Fix everything – Make sure to fix all the little things in the condo – dripping faucets, chipped countertop, broken closet doors. The buyers will zero-in on defects and will use them as negotiating tools to lower the price at best. At worst, it will turn away potential buyers who couldn’t be bothered with repair works.
- Declutter, Depersonalise the condo – Start decluttering your condo as soon as you decide to sell it. Less stuff inside the condo will make it appear spacious. Remove all personal trappings like wall portraits, collections and other personal effects.
- Highlight great features – Identify the best features of your unit and highlight them in the listings, photos and marketing campaign. Location, views and certain amenities can help sell condos faster.
- Take professional photos – Invest in great marketing photos for your condo’s listing. Your home will first be viewed through the listing images, make sure to give it an edge by proving your potential buyers with the best images that will highlight the assets, angle for larger rooms and put your home in better light.
- Create a sales video – Up the saleability of your condo by creating and posting a sales video. This video is taken to showcase the property. Aside from the inside of the unit, also show the building’s amenities, the grounds, the reception area and other highlights.
- Complete the listing – Make sure that you provide all the information about the condo in your listing. A complete condo listing should include the condo unit details and measurements, description, features, amenities, condo fees, utilities and any significant restrictions.
- Stage professionally – Staging is an important element in selling condos faster. This is where most buyers decide whether to buy the property or move on to the next. Staging should present your home at its best condition – dressed up with no clutter and no lingering odours.
- Prepare for showings – Stay away for showings and let your condo realtor do the job. And bring your pets with you. Instead, prepare the home by deep cleaning and airing the day before or a few hours before potential buyers are scheduled to view your condo.
- Lights Up! – A well-lit home is not only brighter and sunny, but it is also bigger in appearance and welcoming. Light up your condo by opening windows, choosing light and sheer curtains and making sure all lightings work.
- Negotiate – Being obstinate in the negotiating table will not help sell your condo. Be ready to negotiate reasonably with a good buyer.
- Have all the documents on hand – When selling your condo, have all the condo documents ready. Buyers will want to see and review them. Some documents might take some time to be released, so make the requests early.
- List with a condo realtor – Not all realtors are the same. So, when selling condos, engage a condo real estate agent. They have the experience, the know-how and the expertise in selling condos and will likely take care of most things on this list.