Tips on Buying Condo Furniture
We love Decorium Furniture so we requested a special guest post from Design Consultant Adriana Glait. Please see her fabulous piece on Buying Condo Furniture below:
Every time I get clients that need to buy condo furniture, there are always a few things I tell them to take into consideration before they even start looking.
· Measure accurately the entire condo, which includes each and every room.
· Measure the elevator! The furniture not only has to fit into the condo but it has to fit in the elevator to get there.
· Pick the right paint for the walls. Light shades always create the illusion of big space. If you would like a dark shade, choose a wall to be your accent wall.
There are also three very important things to consider when buying condo furniture for a small space: Functionality, Organization and Lighting.
- Mirrors will reflect natural light; bright rooms look bigger.
- Mirrors also create depth to a room
- Choose the right furniture
- Mirrored and class furniture create a lighter look
Here is a list of multipurpose furniture:
- Sofas that turn into beds
- Storage sofas
- Storage beds
- Expandable dining tables
- Storage ottomans that can be an extra seat and a coffee table with tray on top
- Console tables that can turn into dining tables or desks
Take advantage of the entire space; don’t just cover the floor furniture. Pick your pieces with purpose:
- Floating shelves take up less space
- Tall units with some storage to take advantage of the height of the ceiling
Make sure you leave enough space to walk around your furniture.
You want to get furniture that will make your life easier, furniture that will allow you to hide away the clutter. This is why you need to be creative and use the space in a way that your condo will be comfortable, functional and of course beautiful, all at the same time.
Visit www.decorium.com for a great selection of condo furniture.